Need a little "Reel" Therapy?
Fishing is one of the main activities around Sri Lanka during the day sports fishing in Laccadive Sea will most likely be successful. Our boat has been specifically designed for sports fishing and boasts. All the latest fishing equipments associated with landing the ultimate pelagic species that inhabit the Indian Ocean. Expect to latch on to species such as Yellow Fin tuna, Barracuda, Trevally, Wahoo, Sail fish and Dorado. Depending on the target species we can use a variety of light trolling gear and small live baits, to help maximizing your change at a strike. You can be sure that even the smallest of Jack fish will put up excellent sport for the angling enthusiast. We have been utilizing the new lightweight jigs that have been made popular by Japanese These are coupled with allocated rods and braided line to maximize movements from the rod tip to the jig . We have found that this method has a better catch rate than live baits and can assure anglers that nearly everything with teeth can be caught using this method. Expect the most exciting sport from giant Trevallys where we offer the angler our boat to search the reefs early morning and evening with Poppers cast to the reef and retrieved at a fast rate. Thatís where those species are believed to be available. The experience of hooking for a one catch will make you addicted to this kind of angling. This adventure activity will surely keep you engaged and thus prevent you from getting bored on your vacation. We provide all the top gear including Shimano, Daiwa & Penn. We do not provide fly-fishing gear however; this becomes more popular among enthusiasts.
Scorpius Facts and Figures
- Size: 12 meters in length & 3.25 meters in width
- Motors: YANMAR 6LYA-STP, 350 HP, with an ONAN 12 KV generator.
- Safety Equipment: GPS, Life jackets, Life rings, CB-5
flags, fire extinguishers, First aid kit, depth finder, HF radio
set and a mobile phone for easy communication.
- Sports Fishing Equipment: Shimano, Penn and Daiwa
fishing rods and reels with required lures for the targeted
- Crew Qualifications: captain with crew trained and
certified for techniques on international best practice
recognized by IGFA.
Fishing is one of the easiest activities, Can be practiced by any person of any age group. For the long lasting and sudden emotional feelings sway on your heart and mind as hesitation, curiosity, cheer, desperation and surprise. A useful hobby you can enjoy in Sri Lanka to improve your tolerance, endurance and ability for quick response. You are between the sky and the water, above multitude aquatic life in the unspoilt water. They wait until for your lure comes.
If you are with us
- You are with professional and conversant assistants. Having been in the field for more than 16 years is an experience utilized to convey you to fish habitat areas with appropriate weather conditions.
- You are on a well equipped professional fishing boat. Our facilities include a form box of ice for beer & snacks.
- Life jackets are given for each person.
- the best time frame is from 7am to 11am.
Grouper, Snapper emperor, Bone fish, Indian mackerel, Spanish mackerel, Seer fish, King fish, Barracuda, Barramundi, Jack fish, , Tuna, Sail fish, Sword fish, Marlin, Shark and Schools of Dolphins.